Study Abroad: Welcome Home!
Welcome back to CMC! We hope that your semester abroad was everything that you dreamed of. Congratulations for leaving your comfort zone, for living in a different part of the world for several months, and for functioning in a foreign culture surrounded by change and learning from it. We know that some of you began researching your senior thesis abroad, while others honed their fluency in a foreign language. Whatever your accomplishments, we are proud of you! As you are returning, we would like you to keep several things in mind:
- First, please take the time to complete the study abroad evaluation form. This helps us to review our program options and assists with prospective study abroad students who may be considering your program, but need more information. Evaluation Form
- We will be having a welcome back dinner at the Ath sometime around the third week of classes. You will receive an invitation when you return to campus. Please attend. We would love to hear more about your study abroad experience!
- We will be having a photo contest. Check out our contest flyer. Look at our Photo Gallery for previous winning entries.
- Monsour Counseling Center can help with students who are having difficulties readjusting back to life in Claremont after living abroad. Please check with the Center for times and locations of workshops or for an appointment to talk to a counselor.
- For more information on Reverse Culture Shock: What's Up with Culture
We look forward to seeing you!