Campus Digital Signs HomepageWelcome to the homepage of the Campus Digital Signs system. Claremont McKenna College has digital display signs in Collins Dining Hall, where College offices and officially recognized student organizations may register information for the community to see.
The information below includes: a blank PowerPoint "template" which is sized to the proper dimensions of the digital displays, a link for submitting your slide(s) to our email box (which we will check approximately once per day), and the guidelines for items that are appropriate for these digital displays. Please make yourself familiar with each item. If your slides do not conform to one or more of the guidelines indicated below, they will not be included.
Template (must be saved to your computer before you can use it)
Email: Campus Digital Signs (email@example.com)
Guidelines on Submissions for Campus Digital Signs (CDS)
Please note that the guidelines that follow pertain to CDS at Claremont McKenna College only. These guidelines may be different from the guidelines for other forms of publicity on the CMC campus, and they may be different from guidelines for publicity at the other Claremont Colleges and the University Consortium. Those wishing to submit publicity through other forms are advised to consult the guidelines for those forms of publicity separately.
Publicity on the CDS shall be monitored by the CMC Dean of Students Office.
Specific guidelines include:
- Publicity must come from an official Office or Department of the College, the Claremont University Consortium, or a Club or Organization that is officially recognized by ASCMC.
- The name and contact information for the person, office, department, or other recognized organization who submits publicity shall be included on the slide, at a font size of 12 or larger.
- Publicity shall generally be information for groups of people, and not for individuals.
- Publicity shall conform to the appearance guidelines set forth in this website.
- All publicity slides shall be in PowerPoint format.
- Advertisements for sales (i.e., for sale, room for rent, lost and found) are not permitted on the CDS.
- Event dates must be specific (not "next Thursday").
- Events must specify the location where they will take place.
- Only one slide per event will be included. Multiple slides for the same event may be rejected. If you would like to remove an older slide and submit a new one, please specify that when submitting the new slide.
- Slides will not be left up indefinitely. An end date should be provided for your slide submission, or one will be determined for you. Advertisements for events that reoccur on a regular basis (i.e., every Monday) will be removed after a period of time to make room for other slides and to keep the information fresh.
- Please submit event information at least 24 hours before events.
- Any information regarding surveys, interviews, or other research must provide evidence that the instrument has been approved by the CMC Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Slides which request donations and/or fundraiser events must be approved by the Development Office before they will be posted.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be advertised or implied.
- The length of time that each slide is displayed on the CDS shall be decided by the Dean of Students Office.
- Slides which contain video or other non-stationary graphics cannot currently be accepted, as the current software does not allow for the use of any animation.
- The speakers on the CDS are not active, and accordingly, audio files will not play.
- Any images or materials that are copyrighted and not in the free domain shall be removed.
Any messages with questionable content shall be reviewed by the Dean of Students, the Dean of the Faculty, or the Office of Human Resources.
If you have any questions about this system, please contact someone in the Dean of Students Office at (909) 621-8114, or by visiting the Heggblade Center.