Useful Links for Finding Funding Opportunities
Federal Government Grants
www.grants.gov provides a comprehensive database of all active federal government program solicitations.
National Science Foundation
NSF promotes and advances scientific progress in the U.S. by competitively awarding grants and cooperative agreements for research and education in the sciences, mathematics, and engineering.
For a list of NSF funding opportunities, please visit www.nsf.gov/funding.
NSF FastLane: All grant proposals submitted to NSF must be submitted via FastLane, the NSF interactive electronic interface. Please contact the Office of Research in order to be registered as a CMC user of FastLane. Click here for a comprehensive FAQ about using FastLane.
National Institutes of Health
NIH is the principal health research agency of the Federal Government; it is a component of the Department of Health and Human Services.
For a list of NIH funding opportunities, please visit http://grants1.nih.gov/grants/guide/pa-files/index.html?year=active
NIH Commons: The Commons is the electronic interface of the National Institutes of Health. All grant proposal submissions and administration take place using the Commons. Please contact the Office of Research in order to be registered as a CMC user of the Commons. Click here for a comprehensive FAQ about the Commons.
National Endowment for the Humanities
NEH is an independent grant-making agency of the U.S. government dedicated to supporting research, education, preservation, and public programs in the humanities.
For a list of NEH funding opportunities, please visit http://www.neh.gov/grants/grantsbydivision.html
- FC Search: The Foundation Center's Searchable Database: A great way to search for prospects, FC Search has a searchable database of more than 78,000 foundations, and the Office of Research has a subscription to this limited access resource. Please feel free to contact our office to discuss the specifications of your research interests and proposed projects, so that we can identify foundations with corresponding interests.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
- Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
- Henry Luce Foundation
- M. J. Murdock Charitable Trust
- The Ford Foundation
- The John Randolph Haynes and Dora Haynes Foundation
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- W. M. Keck Foundation