Graduate Schools, Conferences, Careers & Internships
What can you do with a Psychology degree? Below we have suggestions about how to find a career after college, what internships are available while you are in college and after, and how to apply to graduate school. We also have a listing of Undergraduate Conferences at which you can present your research.
Psychology majors have an excellent skill set that can be applied to many different careers. Below we have some materials to help you identify and articulate your skills as well as a listing of careers that use those skills:
- The CMC Psychology Faculty have designed a brochure to help you define your skill set and provide suggestions for careers with a Psychology Degree: What can I do with a BA in Psychology?
- Other ideas from Scripps College Faculty: What can I do with a major in Psychology?
- Psychology Careers Website: careersinpsychology.org
- Advising Resources in Psychology: http://teachpsych.org/otrp/resources/index.php?category=Advising
CMC Career Services Center:
- Visit CMC Career Services Center or email: email@example.com
- Career Services has many materials to help you with your resume, cover letters, interviewing skills,etc. as well as identify potential job opportunities
- Amanda Stevens is the Psychology Career Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Consulting firms that actively recruit candidates from a diverse set of majors, especially Psychology majors with critical thinking skills, research skills, statistical skills, and people skills:
- BCG (Boston Consulting Group-- talk to them at CMC's consulting night)
- Oliver Wyman
- Booz & Co.
- Analysis Group (Per Evelyn Wong – Scripps Scholar that worked at Analysis Group over the summer)
- Gallup Consulting
- CAST (talk to them at CMC's consulting night)
- Gallagher Benefit Services, Inc (per Sonia Bao -- CMC Psychology Alumna employed at this firm; they have both rising junior and post-grad summer internship programs)
For those students interested in learning more about various consulting firms, check out the Vault 50.
- Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
MGH Community Psychiatry PRIDE
Clinical Research Coordinator Position
Posted: December 12, 2014
- The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), Emotion and Development Branch, Section on Bipolar Spectrum Disorders (BSD), in Bethesda, Maryland
Research Assistant Position
Posted: December 5, 2014
- The Red Sox Foundation/Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program
Clinical Research Coordinator Position (Full-Time)
Posted: August 1, 2014
Marcus Autism Center, in conjunction with the Emory University School of Medicine and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
The Marcus Autism Center, in conjunction with the Emory University School of Medicine and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, is offering three fellowships: the Simons Fellowship in Computational Neuroscience, the Simons Fellowship in Design Engineering, and the Cohen Fellowship in Developmental Social Neuroscience. Please read the brochure describing the fellowships.
Students who will receive a bachelor’s degree by June 2015 will be eligible for the positions. The fellowships will commence in July 2015, and they are 2 years in duration. Students can find further details at: cohenfellowship.org and simonsfellowship.org.
Summer Internship Programs at CMC
- CMC offers several summer internships relevant to psych and neuroscience majors
- For internships and CMC sponsored internships, see the CMC Career Center and Services guide and see the CMC Career Services web site for Internship information.
- The community service internship program is one of the few, if only, internship programs available to freshman.
- The Kravis Leadership Institute has internship opportunities of particular relevance to Psychology majors.
Neuroscience fellowships, internships, and research opportunities
- The 5 C’s offer summer internships to conduct research in labs, especially those off the 5 C campus.
- Professor Borowski is the head of the Neuroscience program (email@example.com) and is the contact person for the Neuroscience fellowships.
- Pomona College's List of Internship/Research opportunities for Neuroscience
- APA Undergraduate Research Opportunities and Internships
- National Institute for Health Internships & Summer Program in the Neurological Sciences and Other Neuroscience Research Training and Funding Opportunities
Ask your professors about graduate programs and what you need to do to be well qualified for these programs.