Next Steps to Study Abroad
CMC will not disburse your stipends until all forms are complete and submitted to the OCS office. Students on financial aid must have completed the FAFSA and supplemental paperwork. Students must also be current and paid to date with student accounts. Students must be free of academic and disciplinary sanctions and be medically cleared.
- Complete your CMC Forms:
- Student Contract: This form finalizes your acceptance and authorizes CMC to pay your commitment deposit and applicable program costs. CMC cannot pay your commitment deposit until you submit this form.
- Health Report: You are required to have a medical clearance from a doctor to study abroad. You can schedule a physical exam at the Student Health Center (note that the center is closed during all breaks, including summer) or you can ask your personal physician to complete and sign the form. Your program provider will most likely have a separate medical form that also must be completed. We encourage you to obtain both CMC’s form and your program provider’s form so that your doctor can fill them out in a single session. Please mail the program form to your program provider.
- Assumption of Risk/Liability Release Form
- iNext Supplemental Travel and Health Insurance
- Housing Preference Form
- Apply for your passport: Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond your date of return.
- Read the Pre-Departure Guide to Study Abroad. This guide is on-line and has information concerning airfare, mail, money and other crucial information to prepare you for your semester or year abroad. This guide will answer many of the questions you might have.
- Read your email from our office and your program provider. Make sure you respond timely to inquiries.
- Contact the consulate for your destination. Complete the student visa application and gather the paperwork required for your visa. If you need a Certification Letter from CMC to obtain your student visa, please contact our office. We will create one on letterhead with our college seal that you can pick-up.
- Attend one Pre-Departure Meeting. You will receive more information concerning dates and location of these meetings through email.
- Purchase your round-trip airfare upon receipt of your travel allowance from CMC. Once you have purchased your ticket, please send us your itinerary so we know when you will arrive at your destination.
- Meet with student alumni of the program. Our student mentors will be arranging country-specific meetings. Watch for upcoming information on when and where these meetings will take place.
- Send us your mailing address once you arrive at your destination. Include your dorm or homestay address (if different), your cell phone number, your skype address and any other emergency contact information.
- Complete our Evaluation Form upon completion of the program. We will send it to you by email.