Honors in Economics-Accounting
Requirements for honors in economics-accounting are:
- Complete a major in economics-accounting.
- Meet the College grade point average qualification requirement for departmental honors.
- Complete Economics 159. Accounting Theory and Research, during the senior year. In years when Economics 159 will not be offered, candidates may complete an elective course from a list of qualifying courses available from Professor Massoud, Director of the Accounting Program during the senior year; this course must be taken prior to or concurrent with senior thesis.
- Complete and defend a senior thesis on a subject in economics-accounting under direction of a member of the CMC Economics department.
Students with dual majors including economics-accounting who wish to be considered for honors in economics-accounting are eligible if they:
- have completed all requirements for a full major in economics-accounting and are granted honors, or
- qualify and receive honors in both disciplines of their dual major. See "Academic Honors at Graduation" for details.