The students in the one-year Master’s Program in Finance have placed exceptionally well over the last four years, resulting in a 95% placement rate*. Please see below for more specific information regarding employment and salary statistics.
Master’s Program in Finance Compensation (2010-2013) **
|Type of Compensation||Median||Range|
|Annual Starting Salary||$70,000||$45,000 – $150,000|
|Signing Bonus||$10,000||$4,500 – $12,500|
|Performance Bonus||—-||5% – 100% of salary|
Total Compensation: $80,000 (plus performance bonus)
|* Placement is defined as any fulltime position, internship position, entrepreneurial venture, fellowship or continuing education secured within 90 days of completion of the Program. Placement figures exclude those not actively pursuing fulltime employment opportunities
** Figures only include students employed in the accounting, consulting or financial services industry. Figures do not reflect students entering graduate school, delaying their job search, or continuing their job search. Not all students received bonuses.
2010 – 2013 Placement History
Over the last four years, the students in the Master’s Program in Finance classes have accepted positions such as:
- Amgen (Thousand Oaks, CA) – Senior Associate, Finance
- Australia New Zealand Bank (Singapore) – Research Analyst
- Caltech Investment Office (Pasadena, CA) – Risk Analyst
- Cambridge Associates (Menlo Park, CA) – Analyst
- Chicago Trading Company (Chicago, IL) – Trading Assistant
- China International Capital Corporation (Hong Kong) – Investment Banking Analyst
- Citi (New York, NY) – Quantitative Trader
- Cowen & Co. (San Francisco, CA) – Investment Banking Analyst
- Credit Suisse (Los Angeles, CA) – Investment Banking Analyst
- DaVita, Inc. (Denver, CO) – Healthcare Analyst
- Ernst & Young (New York, NY) – Business Advisory Analyst
- Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) – Investment Banking Analyst
- Hall Capital Partners (San Francisco, CA) – Private Wealth Mgmt. Analyst
- Harris Williams & Co. (San Francisco, CA) – Investment Banking Analyst
- Houlihan Lokey (San Francisco, CA) – Financial Analyst, Investment Banking Analyst
- Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) – Global Capital Markets Analyst
- PMF Group (Los Angeles, CA) – Analyst
- Prager & Co. (New York, NY) – Trader
- Private Family Office (Brussels, Belgium) – Analyst
- Public Resources Advisory Group (Los Angeles, CA) – Analyst
- Relational Investors (San Diego, CA) – Analyst
- Union Bank (San Francisco, CA) – Analyst
- Visa USA (Foster City, CA) – Financial Analyst
- Wells Fargo (San Francisco, CA) – Commodities Analyst
Additionally, our graduate students have pursed Ph.D. programs in economics and machine learning/statistics, in addition to law school.
The following firms have recruited students of The Robert Day School, at the undergraduate or graduate level, in either an internship or full-time capacity.
Investment Banking and Trading
Banc of America Securities
Barclays Global Investments
CIBC World Markets
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Harris Williams & Co.
Montgomery & Co.
Prager & Co.
RBC Capital Markets
Strategic Equity Group
Bain & Company
Boston Consulting Group
McKinsey & Company
NERA Economic Consulting
Asset Management & Hedge Funds
Citadel Investment Group
Public Financial Management
Trust Company of the West
Western Asset Management Company